Yass Valley Visitor Information
Yass Valley, New South Wales, Australia
Welcome to Yass Valley, a picturesque region located in the Southern Tablelands of New South Wales, Australia. The valley is named after the main town of Yass, which is situated just off the Hume Highway and is approximately 280 km southwest of Sydney.
Getting to Yass Valley
Yass Valley is easily accessible by car, as it is located just off the Hume Highway, which is the major interstate highway of eastern Australia. You can also take a train to Goulburn or Canberra and then catch a bus or drive to Yass Valley. If you're coming from interstate or overseas, you can fly into Sydney or Canberra and then make your way to Yass Valley.
Things to See and Do
Yass Valley offers a range of activities and attractions for visitors of all ages. Here are some of the top things to see and do:
- Explore the historic town of Yass, which has many 19th-century buildings and landmarks
- Visit the Yass Valley Information Centre to learn more about the region and its attractions
- Take a scenic drive through the countryside and enjoy the stunning views
- Visit the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex, which is located just outside Yass and offers tours and exhibits related to space exploration
- Experience the rich Indigenous culture of the region by visiting the Murrumbateman Fields Station Cultural Centre
- Go bushwalking, birdwatching or mountain biking in one of the many national parks and reserves that surround Yass Valley
Yass Valley has a range of accommodation options to suit every budget and preference, including hotels, motels, bed and breakfasts, and self-contained cottages. You can also camp or caravan in one of the many national parks or private campsites in the area.
The best way to get around Yass Valley is by car, as public transport options are limited in the region. You can hire a car or bring your own, and there are plenty of parking options available in towns and national parks.
Visit Yass Valley
Yass Valley is a beautiful region of New South Wales that offers something for everyone. Whether you're interested in history, nature, or space exploration, you'll find plenty to see and do here. So why not plan your visit to Yass Valley today?